Indy and Penny Night


"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language. That may be the measure of our lives."
Toni Morrison, Nobel Prize Lecture

Today was one of the greatest dates ever! Liz took me out to Penny Lane (a local British Pub) for some Steak and Guinness pie and a pint of my favorite beer (Fuller's London Pride). After our stomachs were satisfied, it was time to satisfy the eyes (not that Liz hadn't already done that) by going to see the new Indiana Jones flick.

The film was great, but it did have its drawbacks. I would elaborate, but I don't want to ruin the movie for my friends who haven't seen it yet.

In class today, we started a lecture on Toni Morrison. I never had a chance to read any of her books till this class, and I kinda regret that. I had to read"The Bluest Eye" and "Paradise", which are both mind-stimulating and emotionally driven. No wonder why this lady received the Nobel Prize for Literature. I think her single best quality is the dialogue. Her words drip like honey and flow as if you are sitting amongst the characters. It has been a while since an author has grabbed my attention to society. She is an amazing writer...go read her novels, soak them in, and then we should talk about the content.

Oh yeah, Liz gave me the new Super Smash Bros. game for a b-day present, and it is SWEET!

2 Thoughts on my thoughts:

Unknown said...

Indiana Jones was... interesting. Not at all what I thought it was going to be!

RyMatt said...

Yeah I know...seriously? Aliens? I thought that Spielberg and Lucas had something cooler on his sleeves.