The Current State of Ryan Matthews Esq.

I was supposed to have travelled to Rockville, Maryland today to visit F. Scott Fitzgerald's grave... Unfortunately, the writings of Hemingway that I have to read for class have hindered me from this voyage. I think Hemingway would have liked to hear this though, seeing as they both had a bumpy friendship. However, it is my goal to visit the grave before I move out of Virginia.

There are tons of cool events on the horizon! This coming Saturday I get to be the soccer fanatic that I am! I get to see the US National team play Cuba for a World Cup qualifier. Then, as if one game was enough, I get to see Arsenal a week later in LONDON! God has blessed me more and more as I walk with Him.

It has been a running joke at my store that if somebody wants to find me I'm in either of three places: My Apartment, My Bathroom (and essentially therefore my Apartment still), or my Starbucks. I really do love it here though. The combination of fresh coffee, a multicultural base of customers and partners (we call our co-workers partners), and comfy chairs. This store is one of the first things that to my mind when I think of Richmond. It'll probably be the one thing I miss most though when Liz and I leave for Grad school.

I just recently made a new friend named Josh. Have you ever met a person and thought that you must have been twins and switched somehow during childhood? Well, that is what it feels like between the both of us. No homo... Here's a list of odd similarities:
-both are obsessed with Star Wars, Chris Thile, and Jesus
-we both lied to our significant others when we first met them (I apologized to Liz afterwards though, for my family readers out there)
-and other odds and ends that seem to go on forever. He is a great friend, and I think we will stay that way for a long time! It's good to find a Christian bro to lean on and hang with.

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: