My Political Stress


I'm just moving along in this world, taking on writing projects with friends, writing/reading for homework, and constantly hoping for any type of cultural release from this entire political tension.

I really don't know anymore. I am still a huge Obama fan, but my thoughts on politics have taken a jaded sense. It seems that people are more diverted from the actual issues at hand and making this another "National Enquirer" type of movement. I'm sick of this decay of bash tactics. I'm sick of lies, improper judgement on previous votes, and over-stretched claims.

I can't believe some of the crap I am hearing from friends and family on their political views. Go vote McCrap if you want to, but when the economy falls further down the drain, and we have to institute a draft to keep America's industrial military complex strong, I'll be the one dancing on our country's ashes yelling "I told you so!"

Let's face it...everyone hates us in the geopolitical scale that counts. We need to become more of an isolationist country. It would fix many of our problems (including terrorism, you dolts!). I know I am really just ranting again, and I'm sorry, but America has had too much glamour and glitz without thinking about the common man who wants money for college and an affordable roof over his head in a safe city.

Vote for anyone you want...Libertarian,Democrat, Republican, I don't care who for; it would just mean a ton to me to know that people still believe in our system, and want a change.

Maybe both candidates could be a reasonable answer to this country's problem. Let's just hope that they are up for cleaning a huge GW mess...
Oh yeah, let freedom ring and all of that good stuff. And if Big Brother is reading this, I don't have bombs, I love freedom, I love the 1st amendment, I hate terrorism, but I want a free system where you can't go into my personal life in the name of "freedom" for your so-called "Patriot Act". You have bastardized my personal liberties by instituting this when America was afraid, and I don't agree with it.

Thanks for hearing me out guys. I love all of you: Conservatives and liberals alike. My friends rock regardless of political affiliation.

1 Thoughts on my thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Hey man! I have really enjoyed our political conversations, even though we seem to disagree quite often. We agree on a lot, too, so at least I can say you have a brain that is at least 50% effective! haha jk...

I am curious as to what you mean by isolationism. Here is a quote I found by the man you support for president, and I thought it was interesting that you seem to disagree with him (so it seems, maybe I'm not understanding what you meant).

"After Iraq, we may be tempted to turn inward. That would be a mistake. The American moment is not over, but it must be seized anew. We must bring the war to a responsible end and then renew our leadership -- military, diplomatic, moral -- to confront new threats and capitalize on new opportunities. America cannot meet this century's challenges alone; the world cannot meet them without America..." -Barack Obama

I just took a quiz on votehelp.org which was really cool. It was a quiz on about 20 or so key issues and then it compares you with McCain and Obama. I found that the percentages weren't much different between myself and the candidates, but Obama and I disagree on very big issues, in my opinion, that are just too important to overlook just because he is a good speaker. He seems to be willing to go to places that I am just not willing to go. This really is turning into another case of choosing the lesser of two evils, I believe. With that said, you should take it! Fun stuff.

I really like what you said about being tired of political "crap". We are all tired and we need someone to lead us in the right direction. We need someone to LEAD us. America, lets pray for our country, our homeland, that it will find the narrow path that few will find where rich and poor, old and young, black and white find themselves united and living sacrificially. I'm sick and tired of greed, hatred, and ulterior motives.

We need a religious nation, and I don't mean a "two-faced, go to a suburban church on Sundays just to check it off of a list, or even see if there are any cute girls there" kind of a religion- I think we have all been there, seen that, or done that, and don't want to go there again. No, I'm talking about a love revolution. The kind of revolution Jesus started. What would it look like if an entire nation was like Jesus? Or at least if our nation was led by someone like Jesus...I mean, think about it! I understand there are many different people out there, and I love it, but I think everyone would agree with me that our world would be a better place with an honest, hard-working, Christ-centered individual with no political b.s. or greed or hatred or ulterior motives. I don't ever recall meeting someone that had a problem with Jesus, himself. Lets go back and look at the life of Jesus and actually try to apply it to our daily lives- I have never regretted living for Christ. But at the same time I can't say I have figured everything out. Although I have many questions, I can't say that I would want to follow a God that I could figure out! If you are curious about what this looks like as individuals, as a nation, and as a world, then I want to encourage you to join me in this journey of seeking truth.

Lets keep this discussion open!