Chesterton and Cough Syrup

After finding out that G.K. Chesterton's "The Everlasting Man" had such a profound influence on C.S. Lewis' Christian walk, I really want to pick up a copy...Alas! I always want more and more books. But this one seems so promising! I mean seriously, read this quote:

"Pessimism is not in being tired of evil but in being tired of good. Despair does not lie in being weary of suffering, but in being weary of joy."



I love the way this man thinks...Always looking at things from a different lens than a normal person would, however still making sense. Great concept, eh? This book apparently is full of them, looking at Christ from outside the bubble in order to understand the beauty of it all. I really hope this book somehow falls in my lap!

On another note, I've been going through some form of cold bug or something. It's been a weird feeling. At first I was extremely cold, then I couldn't get out from under the blankets quick enough! Following the weird shakes, I've had crap going down my pipes making me sound like a asthmatic with a smoking addiction. Could it have been swine flu? Meh, who cares?! I'm alive and slowly getting better! I hope you all are doing well, and I promise to write on this more!

Lizzie, 13 more days!

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: