Taking the Horizon on My Shoulders

The days are flowing on by. It feels like yesterday when I last wrote a blog.

By the way, if you're looking for a refreshing Christian band, check out this guy Kristian Stanfill. He does an amazing job of keeping the music focused on Jesus through praise. I'm not saying the majority of Christian music doesn't do that, it's more of a feeling I get when I listen to him. It makes me feel that if King David were alive today writing modern-day Psalms for Jesus, they would sound something like this; spirit filled:

"You satisfy this hungry child with your love, you satisfy me for all eternity, you satisfy me"

Lyrics like these are even fun to read aloud. I like what this guy is up to, and I hope God continues to bless his music. I can't wait for his first full album to come out.

Man, I tell you, being English major can be rough emotionally. It's really hard for someone to understand the odd types of stress I get, but I want to try to explain what I'm talking about. I am currently reading at the moment, three novels (Their Eyes Were Watching God, Beloved, & A Farewell to Arms) that all have some form of melancholy. I mean seriously, I am starting to believe that if I want a novel of mine to last after I die, I should write some extremely sad work. But add having to write papers about these novels, and it's kinda hard to keep your mind off of some of the saddest parts in these books. So this is how, even though I pick myself up constantly through God and prayer, it seems that these books are trying to keep me down. Oh well, I know that everything is fine and that there is no murdered ghost baby haunting my house, nor does Liz have rabies, nor am I fighting in the trenches of WWI.

I need a coffee now.

3 Thoughts on my thoughts:

Jenny said...

Very glad to hear that Liz does NOT have rabies, and that there are no ghost-babies haunting you. Sending hugs your way.

chris said...

This is why I believe all English majors wear black, all the time. (how's that for a broad generalization?) It's just depressing stuff.

RyMatt said...

Nice point my friend...I guess we do wear black because of the depression it gives. But, it may be more like Johnny Cash who said "maybe I am going to my funeral".I don't know, these things don't make much sense to me. It's like the pickle on the Chick-Fil-A sandwich, it just HAS to be there.