Long Time, No Blog!

So I just recently noticed my lack of blogging! Erg, it tends to bother me when I haven't written in awhile. Then, when I find time to sit down and write, I tend to neglect all the cool things happening in my life recently. Well, have no fear: I'll give it to you in a nutshell!

-Went home for a weekend with Liz to start up the whole Pre-Marital counseling that is required. I like how this is all working out. Sifting through an enormous questionnaire with odd questions, however, is not what I expected. For example "Define Marriage..." Ok, I can do that. But my mind races through so many exceptions to this rule such as "do they want the governmental definition? How about the Conservative, right-wing answer?". Then when I finally come to a logical conclusion that somewhat resembles an acceptable answer, I get hit with this underneath: "Please give scriptural references to support your answer". Now I know my Bible, I read often, but seriously? I thought that's what you guys would do for me! Isn't that why we're getting PRE-marital counseling? Well, I guess that's how life is. A simple yes or no won't do sometimes. I'm excited to start this aspect with Lizzie!

-Deanna dropped by Liz's during that weekend and they did cool girly things together. When I drove the two of them around to find the Purple Cow, it was nowhere to be found! What Happened?! People of the Hampton Roads area, why did you not tell me? I love purple vanilla milkshakes. I NEED THEM!

-Liz and I headed then to a magical land that is otherwise known as Nags Head. It was filled with great food, reading, laying in the sun, and wishing I had a wetsuit. I used to hate the beach and how the sand gets everywhere. Not anymore though. I just wanted the water to be warmer so I could swim in the ocean for more than five minutes. One of my favorite beach things is to jump with the waves and laugh whenever one of my friends wipes out. All in all though, I got to really spend some close time with family.

- Today is Father's Day! When we were in Nags Head, Liz and I taught my Dad how to play cribbage which is foretelling, now that he is a Granddaddy. Pretty soon he'll be widdling or sitting on the front porch for long hours staring into the distance. I love that guy. I want to take him back into a church with me like we used to do. Seriously, he was relentless. I love his constant "we're going to church" attitude. I'd fake sickness or tiredness and he'd still somehow get me out of bed on time to make Sunday school. His constant persistence in my welfare with God has helped me solidify my relationship with Him. Thanks Dad, I love you. And so does the main Dad.

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: