Life as it is Today


Walt Whitman said in "Song of Myself": "I believe that a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars". I totally agree with him. Think about it: God is so meticulous in his inner-workings that a leaf of grass is just as important as the stars. Everything has its role, and everything is perfect in its own way.

I am taking an independent study on Whitman with my undergrad mentor, so I felt compelled to write about him for a sec. I have to write a huge seminar paper that will be used also for my Grad School applications. I am juggling with his ideas on Faith: both of God and of Democracy. It should be interesting.

On the home front, my roommates and I get along really well. It's quite hilarious having a door on my wall that I share with Matt though. It reminds me of Peter in Office Space and his neighbor. Whenever we want to say something, we knock on this shared door and yell. I get a kick out of the little guy. Adam, well Adam is Adam. He recently found out that I don't like male on male contact. I'm not against gays, however I am nervous on male-male hugs. Adam isn't gay either, he just finds it funny that I cringe when he tries to rub my back or whatnot.

Liz and I just had our Engagement party in the OBX. It was a blast, and we are so blessed. It was so cool to see our families inter-mingling without any problems. God has truly blessed our future union, and this is proof. Liz was so gorgeous in her black dress; which is kinda odd because in a year she'll be wearing a white one! There's so much to do in that realm that I try to play it off as if we have so much time, but it's starting to feel as if more time may be needed. Thank God that Liz's mom, Susan is helping so much with planning and arrangements. Not only is she a great mother-in-law, but is quite a phenomenal secretary as well!

GREs are around the corner. I have to take the English subject test as well as the normal one. Any suggestions?

Also London is around the corner...any cool places there we should go see?

Nonetheless, I feel grateful that so much is happening and God is giving me a stress-free outlook on it all. I wouldn't be able to do half the things I am doing if I didn't have Him. I pray that He blesses you this way as well.

Until next time! Cheers!

Word of the day: paradoxical (per-ə-ˈdäk-si-kəl): of the nature of a paradox
One of my Lit profs used this today, and I thought it was made up. Well at least now I know I can use it as well!

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: