To Be One With Nature

"Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons,
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth."

-Walt Whitman "Song of the Open Road"
In my heart of hearts, I long for the solace and peace that only the mountain ranges can offer. There is no better feeling than cooking after hiking through a forest for 10 miles. Nothing is more rewarding than finding rare wildflowers, seeing a deer drink from a creek, or having butterflies grace your presence. These type of feelings can only be brought forth from nature.

I enjoy the peace and stillness. It's an odd feeling, really: the idea that only an hour drive away, thousands of people are doing mindless, numbing work, stressing themselves into their deathbed while I get to relax in God's full creation.

Soon the treetops will become golden brown. When this happens, my soul will be called into the pure forest and relax. I miss it alluring landscapes, the camaraderie when with friends, and it's fresh air feeling.

2 Thoughts on my thoughts:

Anonymous said...

You should go hiking. We should go and get away from everyone. We could whisper words and hold hands. <3

RyMatt said...

And we shal! soon enough my dear!