"Tropical Storm"


"Tropical Storm" Hannah chugged through the Greater Richmond area today, peeing gratuitous amounts of rain and not much else. I was quite disappointed actually. I have always enjoyed the nostalgia of a good hurricane coming through town, knocking down power lines, trees, and flooding the streets.

Here, I got a rattled window and tons of water...It was boring. I don't like the death tolls that come with a real hurricane, but the anticipation gave me the feeling that it was going to be a nice sized storm coming along.
Here's why:

I went to Kroger, having found out about this storm, to buy water and some canned food just in case. The store was rampant with carts filled with water bottles, tuna cans, and crying children. Not to mention a long waiting line to boot. It reminded me of a castle getting ready to be sieged or a scene that got cut out of "Armageddon". I have never understood how some people can get so panicked. After a half hour of waiting in line to buy my stuff, there was follow through by Hannah.

Wtf, storm...seriously!

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: