Open Your Eyes, America!


In an article I just found on the BBC website, Russia is sending a naval fleet to Venezuela to conduct joint maneuvers.

This is a red flag for me. I forgot, but don't we have this thing called the Monroe Doctrine? And doesn't mean that nobody other than America is to meddle in the affairs of North and South America? If so, back off Russia!

As you may know, Venezuela and Iran are buds. Along with Russia and China. I sense a new Axis power rising, and it really unnerves me that we aren't doing anything about this!

This is how World War 1 started, by the way. All of these powers started building armies, and training for wartime, waiting for a reason to mobilize. I don't want this to happen. I feel like Laocoon when he warned "Beware of Greeks bearing Gifts!" Hopefully, I won't be taken down by two serpents by the Gods...

3 Thoughts on my thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Ya man...it's creepy out there right now in the world. But don't worry, your boy Obama has the experience and skill to handle these difficult issues!

RyMatt said...

Well, if it's so creepy out there, why hasn't Bush and the GOP machine stopped the genocide in the Sudan?

Anonymous said...

Well clearly the Bush Administration has not done enough in Sudan just like the Clinton administration did nothing before it. I don't know that we have the ability or the will to stop all injustice in the world.

I just wish we'd make more of an effort sometimes. I just read an article about oil in Nigeria. They found oil there in the 60's and it was supposed to pull that country out of poverty. And it's average citizens are now worse off than before. It's horrible what is happening there.