Roommates & Graduation


I love my roommates. Quite honestly, as much as I am excited about being married, it's going to be hard to part with them. My old roomie, was a pretty cool guy: extremely nice, kept to himself, and shared the same sense of humor.

However, Matt and Adam have been a great transition to marriage. They encourage me to do things with "the guys", that will be even harder when I live with Liz. Example: countless hours spent playing a game where you place bouncy balls in a small bowl filled with water. Seriously, it was the most fun I've had. A woman would never find that fun. No doubt it would be considered a waste of time. Us guys are easily entertained.

But it wasn't just the enjoyable hours of weird games that makes them fun. It was the male bonding that I've longed to have since I've moved to Richmond. These guys are great ears when all I needed was someone to listen. They were so willing to let me borrow anything, and quick to hang out. We pray together and laugh over the weirdest things. This year has been exactly what I've needed. I don't doubt that when I come to Richmond while Liz is working on exams, I'll be crashing on their couch. When we get older, our kids will fight/play with each other.

I am officially done with Undergrad! I'm still going through this weird surreal moment where I can't believe that I am allowed to read whatever I want. Unfortunately, what I want to read is Hemingway. I guess I didn't get enough of him in class. Oh well...

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: