The Remains of the Week

Nothing can be more satisfying than finding a day to do whatever you want. This week has been one of those times that only occur every once in a blue moon. I got to refresh my mind, heart, spirit all in one foul swoop.

-After getting a huge amount in Sbux tips this Monday, I was able to pick up some much needed Two-ply (don't ever try to use single ply consistently, it becomes painful after a bit...long story) and these headphones. Te other ones I use are earbuds and they love to fly out of my ear every other step I take when I run outside. So "goodbye" earbuds, "hello" awesome Nike neck-phone thingys!

-I was able, thanks to a birthday gift card, to pick up some much needed literature to kick off my Epic Summer Reading List of 2009!!! (cue awesome monster truck voice guy!). I snagged Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, The Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck, and Skin by Ted Dekker. The Dekker book isn't from the list, but between books I tend to do a lazy read to prep my head for something more of a literary snob taste. All in all, my reading pace is alarming even myself and I hope to finish at least these books by July. We'll see though. Ayn Rand's novel is over 1000 pages long!

-Kickers won 2-0 today! While this is pish-posh for most of my readers out there, I enjoy going to the games (I have a season ticket) and have been waiting since the beginning of the season for a home win. Today was that day! so yay...

-The David book that my friends are asking me about is coming along in the research stage. It's really cool to listen to God and figure out little things on what to write about. Right now, I'm on the "What should be the main chapters I write about?" stage. As I go along in this journey, I'll share little snippets and see what everyone thinks. This is going to be BIG! Like, "Wild at Heart" big. My prayer is that it will affect many, not just some.

I guess it doesn't seem like a ton is going on right now, but I know there's more that I'm missing. If you wanna know other aspects of what I'm doing with my pretty lady, check out what she talks about by clicking here. She's better at remembering cool events, or talking about neat wedding things she's doing.

I love my crafty future wife!

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: