Getting there, and Enjoying It!

Well, most of the objectives are finally completed. I have to say that I am quite pleased on the outcome of those grueling nights at the library. My thesis is sound, well documented (18 sources for a 16 pager!) and a bit on the sarcastic side, which is totally my voice.

While I am starting to get excited about school coming to an end for me (at least till Law School), it shocks me at how bittersweet this all feels. I thought that after I ended college that rainbows would open, and I would end up being more and more relaxed about life. Boy, was I wrong. I have begun to notice that the real world is still moving while I take a pause to admire it. Life is quite beautiful at the moment though. I have much to look forward to in my future, and I'm getting married to the perfect woman. She continually encourages me through her wisdom and grace, it's hard to think that God gave her to me...I am extremely thankful for that.

I've begun to listen to God more and more. Each day I have noticed that I spend tons of time with the big dude, and it feels like being with my best friend. I love how cool he can be to me! While my loan repayment schedule will activate in December, I know God will help me out in every way possible because of my tithing and because of His love for me. I definitely have faith like a sparrow, and even though I may be joked on it, I stand on Christ's red lettering.

I'm beginning to see my future plans unravel and make sense. Sure, it sounded like I was just trying to grab onto a ledge when I mentioned Law School, but I was serious. I never doubted that I didn't get into a Grad School this year for a reason. One of the reasons had to be because He saw something more, and didn't want me to waste my time. I feel that Law is becoming more and more a reality. The rough sketched plan is as follows:

I will follow Liz to her Grad School and help by working my butt off for the both of us. Once she's done (in two years time), I want to move back to Chesapeake and pursue Law at Regent University. Their Law Program isn't too bad, and I like the way they do their classes: the last ten minutes are devoted to group prayer, biblical applications to the material lectured, & an obvious Christian ethical approach to Law. All of which are going to be needed once I start on this venture. I want to keep my eyes on Him and praise Him while I pursue this career...It's important. Plus, if Liz and I decide to have a kid, want to go visit friends in Richmond, or just want to be close to our families, this becomes logical and practical. I LOVE this idea so much it makes my head spin every which way. I really think that this is what's going to happen simply because I get extremely excited over all of the facets that make sense over this.

But don't think that I'm just going to try to fly on by the next two years. Oh no, if God has a place for me somewhere else, or I get an awesome job, I'm mature enough in the spirit to just move with how the spirit is guiding me.

I just love to dream, and this is one COOL dream!

1 Thoughts on my thoughts:

Liz said...

I think this is your best post. It's truly in your voice. :)

I'm excited about our future and what God has in store for us. So much is going to change in a matter of months. I'm happy that we're concentrating more on God, His thoughts concerning us, and how we could better ourselves for when we "become one" (I'm laughing silently because you know how I feel about formal "Christian" lang. lol).

I love you. I'm getting really excited to see how a lot of this will play out.