Dinos and Action Figures

This just in...Liz has never seen Jurrasic Park before!

I worked all day today thinking out loud to regulars and co-workers alike saying things such as: "she doesn't even know what a Velociraptor looks like!" or "I thought she loved John Williams...how could she have overlooked this movie?". The question remains whether I can somehow finagle her out of the no-action-film cocoon and get her to watch it. Nobody I know hates this movie, and there is a reason for it.

I remember riding in the back of my mom's white Buick, begging and begging her to take me. When she did, I became enraptured by the idea of actual dinosaurs coming back to life. Every other day I would try some new setup where Luke Skywalker, Snake Eyes, and He-man would have to fight off my T-Rex and the Spitter (Dilapasarous?) dinos. There were a few times where I convinced myself that I need to direct movies, because seriously, my action figures could act. I mean they could do some cool flips and punches.

Eventually, Skywalker would be knocked unconscious (so he couldn't use force powers), He-man taken down by a flock of Raptors, and Snake Eyes' feet would be dangling out of the T-Rex's mouth.

Such were the days of my youth.

Now, I go down the aisles of Target and sigh, knowing that when I have sons, the action figures I buy for them are also for me.

1 Thoughts on my thoughts:

Liz said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Our sons will have a blast! Can you imagine them having two parents obsessed with Star Wars action figures?! And no, those toys won't be yours. They'll be mine too. You better believe I can kick your action figure make-believe butt any day.