Opportunities, Arise!

Alright, another couple of days have passed by since I last blogged. Sorry about that. Life's been pretty good. Job searching, getting excited about the wedding, and a feeling of overall contentment.

It's great to have goals, and not know how to attain the tools needed to get there. That's when I'm in my best element. If someone came to me and said, you're going to try to work for "The Man" after college I would've highly doubted it. Not anymore though. I've been researching cool jobs through NIH and HUD. Both need people with good inter-personal skill and stellar writing to boost their Public Relations. Enters: me. I didn't go to school for PR, but I did learn to write well in the hellhole that is VCU, and I have to say that my ability to talk to anyone (even a wall if I have to) is one of the best skills I learned working at Starbucks.

MAIN Frustration: seeing all of these cool job opportunities show up and know that if I apply for them and get the job, they'll want me to work before the wedding. While that sounds nice, I need to make sure I have off those days and Liz and I aren't living together till after the wedding. I know, sounds so medieval, but we like it that way. So does God. Gotta keep the man upstairs happy. I think He's dangling all these cool job ideas so I can get excited about the job He's set aside for me! Keep those prayers coming for me though, it can get tough and nerve wracking when you don't know how this is all going to get done. I tend to keep my head up and persevere though! I like to stay happy.

Besides, Liz and I have found new cheap ways to stay entertained. We read to each other before we sleep, when we drive, and when we eat at fast food joints. We look like idiots to other people, but it helps with speech problems (I tend to mutter and stammer from time to time), and it's better than vegging out on a couch to watch an aimless TV program. It keeps us on our toes. We also tend to eat better now as well! I love spinach, and have fallen in love with using lentils in food (try cooking Meesir Wat, it's phenomenal!). Plus, I eat garden fresh tomatoes, when I used to hate non-cooked tomatoes (Liz used to joke on me, claiming I am "an Italian that doesn't like tomatoes, that's an oxy-moron!).

On top of packing and praying, I have decided that I want to make a mix of wedding songs I'd like to dance to and hear at the wedding. Once I get a list together, I'll post em so everyone can download them and tell me what they think.

I love you all, and you too Liz!

(This pic was taken two nights ago when Liz and I cooked. I know, we're so cute it makes unicorns throw up.)

1 Thoughts on my thoughts:

Stephen Doane said...

even if no one on this earth read your blogs, you would still write this kind of stuff everyday! cant wait till sunday guy.