Jobs

It's good to finally finish my resume. In everything I have done, I was able to put it all on two pages of paper. To many, this could be a bit disconcerting. I'm not worried about it all though. Only because it is mostly short and to the point. Much like these sentences.

Since Beth has been weathered down with being sick, Liz crashed on my couch last night (she can't afford to be sick, at the moment). Because of this, Liz and I have been able to catch up on some much needed cooking-togetherness along with countless episodes of "How I Met Your Mother". Hanging out with Liz is so easy and comfortable. It's great to have a woman that accepts me for being me. I don't have to try to be something I'm not. I love that!

Many doors are opening in the area of jobs in DC. Patent writing, Grant writing, speech writing, Ethics official, etc... It won't be hard to acquire a job. I'm not as worried as I once was. The constant thought through all of this has been "I refuse to enter my marriage with Starbucks as my job". If it begins like that, fine. But not forever. I need a challenge where I'm not dealing with food everyday. It's getting old quickly now. If I were paid better, I might say yes.

Dad was right, college is great if only to help me use my mind for money instead of my physical abilities.

1 Thoughts on my thoughts:

Joshua Graydon said...

amen, brother. That's great with the jobs aspect: finding many more venues in which you can use your God-given talent. I, though not as close to that point in my life, have the same feelings about Starbucks. It's a "good-for-now" job and hopefully I will discontinue working there when I become Erin's husband.