Liquor & Laziness

The Liz and I had a pretty jam-packed day. While it was pretty inviting to go to the James river and kick my feet around with Pony, I decided that the both of us needed to hit the ground running and at least attempt to finish some things. We accomplished some needed tasks.

The ABC store gave us tons of boxes for packing. It felt quite odd bringing said boxes into Liz's place. The reason being, because the boxes had liquor brands on the side, and I know we were getting looks from every direction as we unloaded. I remember saying to Liz once we parked "Let's do this as quickly as possible." I'm glad we did! Now Liz and I will look like alcoholics when we move in to the new place. Hah!

I got my ring-size (8). We trucked it to Jared's jewelry, asked to find out my ring size and then exited abruptly. I don't really think the salesman realized that we were there just for the size. Oh well. The ring Liz and I found is a great fit for me: made of titanium, original, and has a copper color on the inside. I'm glad I didn't go too traditional. I tend to stray from that.

Before I ran to work to close, Liz made me realize that I've been kinda lazy and whiny lately. I don't honestly know why, I just have been. Maybe it's this whole need-a-job-&-hafta-move ordeal. All I know is that Huffiness=a not so happy Liz. "Love is patient", and I have to give her credit, she has been that and more. That's one of the reasons why I love her!

Now that it's after work, I'm sitting in the living room, missing Liz and convincing myself that I don't need sleep right now (I have to be at the bux again at 6:45 am). That is why I work at a coffee shop people! If I had to choose one thing I would like to do at the moment that is reasonable it would be to listen to jazz, have a glass of red wine, and read this awesome book I've been getting into. Ah, well, as Mick Jagger once said "You can't always get what you want". Soon I'll get what I need though. Very soon!

Currently Reading:Once I read more of it, I'll fill you in on my thoughts. So far though, I love it!

1 Thoughts on my thoughts:

Liz said...

update your blog, lover boy!