Be the Good Samaritan, Ryan!

I love being that person that can help others in need, and it hurts me when I feel like I can help, but am unable to do so. Today, I have had an example of each.

First, the example of where I could have helped someone, but through means uncontrollable by me, was unable!

My bud, Josh forgot his work clothes back in Midlothian (about a 25 minute drive from our work). All he needed was a friend to loan him a pair of khakis and a black polo. Result: he asked his best friend closest to his work. Problem: all of my work clothes were dirty and were waiting to be washed. Josh apparently didn't care too much and was willing to wear clothes that I had sweat in during the past week, but I couldn't bring myself to help the poor guy. I mean, I wanted to but I needed to wash these things, and there were others he could grab clothes from. His final solution came from another friend of ours, Drew who is of a different build than Josh. Where josh is a 32 waist (like me), Drew is a 36. I'm going to guess because he has birthing hips. When I got to the Starbucks to study, Josh looked like he was preparing to go to the Renaissance Fair. It was a fun spectacle to watch.

Second situation was one where I could help out, and that was for my Liz!

Liz is having a tough time up in Massachusetts. She's getting past hurts thrown at her from the court case and there isn't much time for her to do the homework she needs to finish. Take those things and add a cup of hormones and you have one REALLY stressed out Liz. What could I do to help her? First she asked me to pick up some books for her for her long paper she has to write. The biggest problem with this was that the books were located on the OTHER campus, that requires a longer drive and a parking garage fee. Thankfully enough, God blessed me with a grace period where I didn't have to pay the parking fee and all of the books were there waiting for me! Now, I'm going to go through them with a fine tooth comb and sticky-note good passages for her to use. This won't take much time for me, but will be a tremendous help for her. I'm glad to do it for you, honey!

Now, I have to brainstorm ideas to help her even more. I wish I could fly to Massachusetts and just hold the poor girl and let her know that God and I both love her dearly.

(Liz don't read this next part!)
I definately am going to clean her room so she can study better when she gets home. She kinda doesn't want me to do it, because I already have a busy lifestyle as it is and some of her papers need to be kept. No worries though, I have a plan for that too!

Time for more LSAT practice, which I'm starting to get the hang of, a late night run, more studying on Liz's part, and then a deeeeeep slumber.

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: