Have No Fear!

It feels wonderful to know that amidst the storm, everything will be OK.

-Tests/papers will be finished, and there will be no more of them for another year!

-I will work for Starbucks for the next year as a Shift Supervisor. I know, kinda crappy, but I am still pursuing the whole Law school dream!

-I am also doing some freelance writing for any newspaper that wants me to write for them! As of now, I am a writer for the Richmond Peace Education Center. Hopefully, I can add to my portfolio and make it even more marketable. While this just seems like a hobby, it will be nice to make some side cash on it someday. Right now though, it is just a way to keep my writing to its fullest potential.

-While I don't know where Liz and I will be living in the DC area, I do know that it will be wonderfully decorated. Plus, can you say "Liz and Ryan food specials"?

These things become both a bit scary and extremely exciting. I find it amazing how easy life can be once you give all of your stresses to God, and know that whatever happens during the next year, I don't have to fear because of Jeremiah 29:11. I'll stand on that, rather than holding on to my apprehensions, any day.

My life has become this really crummy "Super-Hero Situation". Do you remember the cartoons from the fifties, or the Superman comic books? You always had some huge problem, like a villain bringing havoc to the Metropolitan Bank. He would walk in, yell some horribly written line "Everyone on the ground, and nobody gets hurt!", and then the people would panic. Chaos ensues, and then from the bottom left-hand corner of the comic panel, a woman in distress yells the ever-famous line: "What are we to do?!".

BAM!

Out of nowhere comes some spandex-laden Super-Hero to the rescue. Cue the smoke. Cue the thankful looks from the victim's faces. Tears fall. Then comes his repetitive line: "Have no fear! [insert crappy Super Hero name here, like FlyBoy] is here!"

Fight follows, with the Super Hero victorious and the villain tied up with a rope coil that wasn't anywhere in the vicinity 20 minutes ago.

"My Hero!" Cue a kiss, key to the city, etc...

This type of constant, over-used story is reminiscent of what God does for every time I feel that I can't handle the current situation anymore. Oddly enough, that crappy song "Jesus Take the Wheel" becomes pertinent to my musing. Nonetheless, Jesus is my superhero, and I can sometimes be that whiny guy cowering on the floor waiting for Him to come, which He always had. And when He hasn't, it has been so I can learn something, and then I grow stronger. The metaphors are getting tangled together, so I'll stop here.

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: