New Beginnings

I believe in Divine Appointment with everything in me.

Divine Appointment (noun) def: a meeting appointed by God in order to benefit His children. To make a connection on the level of the Holy Spirit through a meeting that can only be explained through God.

(Yeah, I wrote that definition, but it looks pretty professional doesn't it?)

While these things seem to come few and far between for me, I believe that I had one of these Divine Appointments on Saturday. Working at the bux steaming tons and tons of sugar-free, nonfat lattes, I had a chance to talk to another barista from Parkside named Ryan. Obviously, this already throws everyone and their mom off, and even though I'm getting off track from my story, we both act the same in manner of speech and hobbies. We got to talking while I was making drinks, when he mentioned that he was from California. I got pretty excited and mentioned how Liz and I have been dying to go Redding California to worship at Bethel Church. (ok here's where it gets a bit hard to connect, but here we go):

Ryan G: You go to church?

me: Yeah, but the praise and worship is a bit stale. I love the pastors and they're rich in the spirit, but I need a good worship group.

RG: You believe in the gifts of the spirit.

Me: Yeah, I believe it's completely essential as a Christian

RG: You gotta come to my church tomorrow man, you'd love it.

After writing this long and complicated map, I received what really looked like a treasure map on how to reach the church. I gotta say, this church is a 25 minute drive. But wow, it was totally worth it.

When we got there, the floor was completely open for worship. I mean I had 20 feet in front of me to spread my arms wide for God. It was extremely refreshing and exciting to be a part of a church that had people my age in it. I have so much to say about how amazing the church is, but I gotta keep this short. After the service, Ryan invited us to he and his wife (Christa)'s place. When Liz and I arrived at Ryan's house, the place was full of love. Normally, I don't do well in groups where I don't know anyone. However, the place immediately felt open, warm, inviting. You could tell just from walking in that the house was full of LOVE.

Skip hilarious conversations, Ben & Jerry's, and OCD talks.

Yesterday, Ryan and I hung out again for the better part of the night. After praying and being open about our past lives and whatnot, we came upon the struggles of my relationship. I asked him to be my accountability partner. We prayed. I called Liz, and we met up with her back at my place.

After prayer and talking, Ryan really took the reins and became a strong friend and accountability partner. He emphasized the want for the both of us to succeed in our marriage and the necessity on exiting this season with grace and peace in order to walk into our future the same. Hence, Liz and I aren't spending the night together anymore. We want this to work and we want to be held accountable for our actions in a loving, God-centered environment. Ryan and Christa have become that answer. They've opened their hearts and home to us just to see us prosper.

These past few days have become a whirlwind of change for the both of us, and it was all because I mentioned how I wanted to go to California with Liz for our honeymoon. Because of one single conversation, Liz and I are able to retake our relationship into a spirit-filled environment & live in peace; guided by a Godly couple. I now it sounds a bit quick and odd, but it has been only through the power of the Holy Spirit that have I come to this point. Liz and I both asked God and He delivered His answer First Class Express. I'm so thankful for His love and the great friends and future that He provided.

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: