Eyes to the Sky...or Mountains?

Oddly enough, I never thought that Liz being in Massachusetts would have affected me in the way it has. I miss her laugh and her even being annoyed at me! It seems that I really didn't realize that I would miss her this much until she was already gone. That's ok though, because I'll be the first one she sees when she steps off of her plane.

I guess it's the radio silence that is theme of her trip. Not like she's incognito or anything, but she has a ton on her plate at the moment. She's a witness in a very important case AND she needs to complete homework when not in the courtroom. Plus, I have some papers to start on and have chores to finish. Hence, it was a mutual agreement to talk the very least on the phone for us to accomplish the things that we neded to get done.

The coolest thing about this time away is that I get to do one of my favorite things this week! I get to take all of my camping gear out of storage. I'll lay them all over the floor in a chaotic/organized fashion and decide what needs repair, what needs to be replaced, and what is still going strong. I tend to keep my stuff in good shape so it shouldn't take long, but I love playing with all the cool hiking gizmos I've collected over the past three years.

It'll be great to get back on the trail and just get going. I've always found the hardest part is actually getting out the door and just going. Once that happens, it really isn't all that bad to hike even when it is raining. The views especially make everything else worthwhile! They can really make the 5 miles you trek through fly infested forest seem like just an easy stroll.

I just hope that most of the melted mountain water has fully passed if I take the usual routes. I don't feel like fording a river seven time that is 20 feet across and 40 degrees! It'll be nice to finally find some complete solace where there are no cellphones, Starbucks, or grad school denial letters.

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: