It's the Card That Builds the Man

I've decided to start taking control of what is lain before me, while the whole Law school thing becomes a reality. So in the beginning, there was a prospective business card, and it was somewhat minimalist, but still good:


What do you think? Jenny told me to make it a red card, enlarge the birds and make the lettering/birds white. I think it'll really spice up the card and make it pop even more. The only thing that is definitely changing is the e-mail address; I now have the same e-mail, but in gmail form! I'm doing this for many reasons:

1) The first being that it's a ton easier for when I meet new people to immediately get connected with me without there being any hard, awkward "what was that guy's name again?"

2) Since bagging my first normal/regular writing column, I've decided that I can capitalize on the situation even more by telling my local church or independent newspapers that if they need some extra writing, I'm their man. The card makes me even more official.

3) It looks cool. I mean seriously, how many friends do you know that pulls out a business card and hands it to you in order to hang out the next day:

"Hey man, we should hang out soon!"

I flash out the card and hand him one.

"Yeah man no prob, just e-mail me and we can set something up." [End Scene].

It may sound elitist, but come on! This is a sweet idea!

4) [Bonus!!!] The actual main reason for this is for when I go into interviews (while mid law-school applications) for a cool new job. I'll seem more "professional". Here's to hoping that this works out the way I want it to...

0 Thoughts on my thoughts: